The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Manages accounts receivable collections.
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts monthly.
- Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Assists in month-end closing process including preparation of specified accounting records for month end closing and analysis.
- Prepares journal entries with supporting documentation.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Performs account research and analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Work both independently and as a member of the team to accomplish departmental goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting/Finance from four-year college or university and 1-3 years related experience and/or training
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Certified Public Accountant license a plus or plans to pursue in the future
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Drivers Needed at Waring Oil
Waring Oil Company is hiring Class A and Class B CDL drivers with tanker and hazmat endorsements for fuel transport. We offer competitive pay and benefits.
Please fill out the application below. If your information matches an open position, we will be in touch with you.